The call is based on the Third Programme for the Union's action in the field of Health (2014-2020) and its 2017 Work Programme.
The programme has 4 overarching objectives. It seeks to:
- Promote health, prevent diseases and foster supportive environments for healthy lifestyles taking into account the 'health in all policies' principle,
- Protect Union citizens from serious cross-border health threats,
- Contribute to innovative, efficient and sustainable health systems,
- Facilitate access to better and safer healthcare for Union citizens.
The objective of this call is to communicate the potential of health promotion and disease prevention and health determinants in the Member States and to increase the commitment of public authorities to this topic.
To receive EU financial support for a project, i.e. to be a coordinator or other beneficiary, the organisation needs to be legally established in:
- The European Union (any of the 28 Member States), or
- An EFTA country, party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area (Iceland, Norway).
Organizations from other countries can only participate as subcontractors or collaborating stakeholders.