CHROMED - Clinical trials for elderly patiens with multiple disease
Purpose and objectives
The objective of CHROMED project is to evaluate the impact of adopting a health and lifestyle status management system to support elderly patients affected by chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) with their usual co-morbidities, focusing on chronic heart failure (CHF) and sleep disorders, which are common in these patients.
A large scale clinical trial on 300 patients will be implemented to develop and evaluate clinical protocols and organizational models based on new monitoring technologies recently developed in order to improve both quality of life and healthcare costs associated with this large population of patients.
- TeSAN S.p.a., Italy
- Restech srl, Italy
- University of Liverpool, United Kingdom
- Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
- University of Barcelona, Spain
- Uppsala University, Sweden
- University Hospital of North Norway, Norway
- University of Lincoln, United Kingdom
- Bolnisnica Sežana Zavod, Slovenia
Project participants at NST